Why choose us
FYI - Beware of misleading and copycat companies!
Discover the truth about:
- the elephant that died! [more below..]
- no medical treatment for sick elephants! [more below..]
- why 20 gibbons and several camels died! [more below..]
- the Australian tourist badly injured while elephant trekking! [more below..]
- incidents kept secret from the public! [more below..]
- copycat companies misleading tourists! [more below..]
- companies operating without insurance policies! [more below..]
WHY CHOOSE BALI ADVENTURE TOURS AND
THE BALI ELEPHANT SAFARI PARK
- Because Bali Adventure Tours (B.A.T.) is the original rafting company in Bali (1990) that set the standards for all rafting companies that followed. It is also known as the 'five star'rafting company, using only the best available rafts and equipment in the world.
- The Elephant Safari Park brought the first elephants to Bali in 1997. It is the ONLYelephant safari park in Bali. It is the only park with complete world class facilities in Bali and is the only Elephant Park approved and accredited by the world Zoo Association and is a member. It is also the only park in Bali with a large herd of 27 elephants.
'Beware of imitations...click here for more'
WHY YOU SHOULDN'T USE A COPYCAT COMPANY AND AVOID DISAPPOINTMENT
- Copycat companies are just that, a copy of the original. It is well known that originals are always the best. Most claim to be the same as the original, but never are.
- Copycat companies usually use cheaper and inferior products to enable them to undercut the original and usually their facilities are built to a budget for this reason. These copycat companies often compromise safety by cutting corners and costs to save money.
- Even though copycat companies are often cheaper, they never give the same value and service, or offer the same product. Even though they may claim to be as good in their advertising, they are never the same value as the original.
WHAT DOES BALI ADVENTURE RAFTING (BAR) OFFER THAT IS SUPERIOR
- B.A.R. is the only company in Indonesia using the world famous Avon rafts. Avon rafts are renowned as the safest and most stable rafts used in the world.
- B.A.R. uses only 'state of the art' safety equipment.
- All guides are trained to world standards in river knowledge and safety procedures.
- B.A.R. rafts the beautiful 'Ayung' river near Ubud, well known as Bali's most pristine river, with more than 20 sets of exciting rapids over 8½ kilometres.
- Only B.A.R. has a complete Restaurant and Bar at the finishing point, that offers a full buffet meal made fresh in our own kitchen with full waitress service.
- B.A.R. offers changing rooms, hot showers and free use of towels and bags for wet clothes. Only after showering and changing do you eat in our restaurant with it's magnificent view of the rice paddies.
Note: Other companies often make guests eat in wet clothes and then climb hundreds of stairs after eating, on a full stomach. Food served to their clients is often of poor quality that has been prepared at another location under non-hygienic conditions and then transported to the dining venue using no refrigeration. It is often prepared hours before it is eaten by guests and is therefore stale or cold.
WHAT DOES THE ELEPHANT SAFARI PARK OFFER THAT IS SUPERIOR
- It is the only Elephant Safari PARK in Bali, with full botanical garden setting.
- It is the only Elephant Park with complete facilities that include :
- A herd of 27 rescued Sumatran elephants.
- A full museum and information center.
- A modern gift shop with 1000's of souvenir items available to choose from.
- A show arena with daily programs.
- A 200 seat international restaurant.
- Western standards in hygiene and service.
- Qualified Western Management.
- Complete water purification circulation system.
Including the only natural Reed Bed Filter System in Indonesia.
- It's own waste water treatment plant on site to protect the environment.
- It is the only Elephant Park that is a member of the World Zoo Association and has a non profit foundation dedicated to the protection and preservation of the Sumatran Elephants. Funds raised go directly to rescue or improve wild elephant conditions.
- It has more elephants in residence than any other location in Bali (27) and has complete facilities for their comfort and protection, with a qualified vet on call 24 hours a day.
- It is the first and only Elephant Park which is fully approved and licensed and with International acclaim and is the only park with a breeding program in place.
- The park gives all elephants daily vitamin supplements, regular anti worm dosing and six monthly injections for diseases such as tetanus. Medical and Health Care is a major prioity.
- Only the Elephant Safari Park at Taro is located in a climate and location chosen as the most suitable to Sumatran Elephants in Bali, the elephants are originally forest dwellers and cannot tolerate hot or dry conditions for long periods of time.
- Some companies will print brochures claiming facilities that don't exist or standards that are not adhered to.
- Many will offer either falsely inflated or non-existent insurance cover. Many cheap companies will sacrifice insurance cover to save money.
- Some companies offer poor or unhygienic food. Many have poor control of food preparation or keep it for long periods with no refrigeration or protection from contamination. It will sometimes be prepared hours before being eaten and is often prepared in another location and transported under unhygienic conditions.
- Some companies have poor safety standards and badly trained or disciplined staff. This is often due to low wages offered or part time employment given to many of the staff.
- Many companies use rented transport that is of inferior quality and often lacks regular servicing. Air conditioning is commonly broken or not installed and brakes and stop lights are not maintained to proper standards.
- Some agents, (especially freelance), will try to trick people by sending them to an inferior company, because they receive bigger commissions. Often they will claim it is either the best company or as good as another or worse still, that it is the ONLY company when, in fact, it isn't.
- The care of animals by many companies is especially worrying as this is not a high priority in Asia as it is in the West. Tourists are often shocked or angered by these standards, however complaints to these companies usually falls on deaf ears as they are not forced to improve standards of animal care by law.
It is common for accidents and incidents to be kept a secret from the public when they happen at some companies. We would like to distance our company from a couple of incidents that were not related to the Elephant Safari Park at Taro but have become worrying rumors to us.
- It was not at our Park that one elephant died because the owner of the elephant would not agree to pay the vet to attend the elephant for a stomach complaint. [Back to the top]
- We are not the elephant location in Klungkung that had two elephants contract tetanus and become very sick and almost die, due to tetanus injections not being given to save costs. [Back to the top]
- It was not our Park that had 20 gibbons and a number of camels given to them which all consequently died due to neglect. [Back to the top]
- It is not our Park that had an accident caused by elephants climbing over logs with guests riding on them. This accident happened to an Australian woman who received a broken shoulder and blood on her lungs when the elephant she was on fell from logs causing it to then fall down and her to fall off. She was air-evacuated to the Royal Hospital Perth because of her injuries. [Back to the top]
- It was not our company that recently received 10 elephants at a dangerous location high above the Ayung River on the edge of a cliff, where one subsequently was claimed to have jumped off and was killed. The companies explanation given to the local press, as to why this happened, was that it was 'Possessed by a spirit' and nothing to do with the fact that there were no fences in place, to prevent this from occurring.
Note: It must be remembered that, firstly, elephants can be scared by numerous things,
and secondly, that elephants cannot 'physically jump' and dont 'Commit Suicide' [Back to the top]